Frequently Asked Questions

1. You always speak with Mr. Powers, not a case worker.
2. You can reach Mr. Powers 24 hours a day.
3. Mr. Powers does all of the work on your case.
4. Because experience, reputation and results should be of the utmost importance to you.

1. Go to the emergency room.
2. Make an appointment to see Mr. Powers.
3. Notify your and the at-fault party’s insurance companies after your appointment with Mr. Powers.

A: YES. If the at-fault party has no bodily injury coverage, or does not have enough, you will have to rely on your UM/UIM coverage.

1. Notify your supervisor immediately.
2. Make an appointment to see Mr. Powers.

Currently, fourteen days (You should do it immediately).

Your automobile insurance carrier pays up to $10,000.00 in medical bills and lost wages regardless of who was at-fault. Your medical bills and lost wages in excess of $10,000.00 are the responsibility of the at-fault party, or, if the at-fault party has no insurance, your UM (uninsured motorist) coverage would be responsible.

If you are at fault, your insurance company pays. If you are not at fault, the at-fault party’s insurance company pays. If there is a dispute as to who is at fault, ordinarily your auto insurance company will pay and attempt to get a portion or all of what it has paid back from the other party’s insurance company.

You can recover the following types of damages under the following circumstances: Past and future lost wages and medical treatment (economic damages) to the extent these damages exceed $10,000.00. Past and future pain, suffering, mental anguish, and inconvenience (non-economic damages) if you have:

  1. Permanent loss of an important bodily function; or
  2. A permanent injury per your doctor; or
  3. Permanent scarring or disfigurement; or
  4. Death. (Your estate has the claim)

The UM (uninsured motorist / underinsured motorist) coverage under your policy would be responsible if the at-fault party has no coverage, or if the at-fault party’s coverage does not cover your total damages.

Against your insurance company for the $10,000.00 in no-fault benefits: (5) years from the accident if no benefits have been paid, or (5) years from the date the benefits in question were denied.Against the at-fault party: (4) years from the date of accident.Against your insurance company for the UM (uninsured motorist) coverage: (5) years from the date of accident.